Steps to update your ANZCTR trial registration record
- Login to your ANZCTR user account, and click the 'My trials' icon in the
top right hand corner of the homepage. A list of your trial records will appear.
- Locate the registration record you wish to update and click on 'Update trial'.
- If you are updating the trial record for the purpose of maintaining an 'Up to date' label and you have checked that no updates need to be made then proceed to the 'Review & Submit' page and click the 'Submit' button to send the form for review by ANZCTR staff.
Please note: New mandatory fields may have been introduced since you last updated the record. If this is the case, error messages will show and you will need to update these fields accordingly. In particular, please check the recruitment information in step 7 before submitting.
- If your trial was registered prior to 1st January 2011, then you will be taken directly
to the Brief Update Form. This feature has been introduced to speed up the update
process for older trials which are no longer recruiting participants, and contains
all the mandatory fields in a single page. Fields can be updated by following points
5 to 7 below. You can access the full form to make additional updates as required
using the navigation arrows at the top of the page at any time. Once you have finished
updating, please click the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the brief update page,
or follow points 8 to 11 below if you are using the full form.
- To update information: Tick the 'Update' box on the right of the field(s)
you wish to update. Two input fields will then appear:
You must complete both input fields.
- one to enter the updated information (*Note that the exact text you enter into this
field will replace the previous input)
- one to enter a reason for the update, including when the change was made relative to recruitment.
- If your trial was registered prior to 25th October 2018 and has not since been updated, you will be prompted to complete two new mandatory steps of the registration form: Step 11 (Data sharing statement) and Step 12 (Summary results) in order to comply with updates to the WHO minimum data set and ICMJE policy.
You will not be asked to provide reasons for the addition of this information, and this will not impact the 'prospectively registered'/'retrospectively registered' label of your trial. An additional date will be displayed on your trial registration page to reflect when this new information was approved by ANZCTR staff.
- To delete trial information:
- If you wish to delete information included in non-mandatory single answer fields
(e.g. UTN, Trial acronym, etc), tick the 'Update' box on the right of the field(s)
you wish to delete and then leave the update field blank. You must provide a reason
for this deletion by completing the 'Reason' field.
- If you wish to delete information included in non-mandatory multiple answer fields
(e.g. funding source, outcomes, etc), tick the 'Update' box on the right of the
field(s) you wish to delete and then click on the 'Delete' button on the right hand
side. You must provide a reason for this deletion by completing the 'Reason' field.
- To cancel an update: Please click on the 'Cancel' button on the right hand
side if available. For fields that do not have the cancel button, un-tick the 'Update'
- Please note: Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*) and must be
completed in order for you to successfully submit your updates. These include some
new mandatory fields that may not have been included at the time your trial was
- Once you have completed your updates and checked that all (including new)
mandatory fields have been completed, click on the 'Next Step' at the bottom of
each page until you reach the 'Review & Submit' page.
- Review all of your updates. If any amendments need to be made click on the
Edit button next to the relevant step.
- If you are satisfied with the updates, click 'Submit' at the top or bottom
of the page. A message will appear confirming that your updates were successfully
submitted. You should also receive a confirmation email.
- ANZCTR staff will check your submission and contact you within 4 working
days. The updated trial information must be approved by ANZCTR staff before it becomes
publicly viewable on the website.
- Please note: If you are awaiting review of your updates, you will not be
able to login and make further changes to the trial record. You must wait until
these updates have been processed.