Please note that registrants are responsible for ensuring that all information provided
in the registration form is accurate, up to date, and consistent with the ANZCTR data field definitions.
- All records must be written in comprehensible and coherent English.
- Please use sentence case.
- Check your submission for any spelling or grammatical errors.
- Please do not 'cut and paste' information from other applications that includes
formatted text (e.g. bullet points) when entering data on the ANZCTR as these are
often not compatible with our system and the systems that we export data to. The
following symbols should be replaced with an alternative option as per suggestions
- bullet points with asterisk '*', letters or numbers
- accented characters with the appropriate unaccented text (e.g. ‘Sao’ instead of
- the ® and TM symbols with the text 'Registered Trademark' and ‘Trademark’ respectively
- Greek symbols (α, ß, µ) with the appropriate text (e.g. alpha, beta, micro)
- the '◦' symbol with the appropriate text (e.g. degrees)
- the '±' symbol with the text +/-
- ≥ and ≤ symbols with the text ‘greater than or equal to’ and ‘less than or equal
- Superscript/subscript with the appropriate text (e.g. ^2 or ‘squared’ instead of
- If you wish to provide any tables, appendices or figures, please attach them to
the ‘Attachments’ field on step 9 of the form.
- The full name for each acronym should be provided at first mention, leaving the
acronym in brackets afterwards. The acronym only may then be used for the
remainder of the form.
- Please also avoid using medical abbreviations such as’ b.d.’, ‘p.o.’ and ‘p.r.n.’
Instead use the appropriate lay terms, e.g. ‘twice daily’, ‘orally’, and ‘as required’.